Saturday, February 4, 2012

When you come across an unknown word, do you look it up in Webster -or similar- Dictionary, or.....?

............. in Urban Dictionary ??



I have some contacts that when they post some qs. with unknown words (unknown to me), I look them up in U.D. as I know their qs. cannot be as innocent as they sound!! ;)When you come across an unknown word, do you look it up in Webster -or similar- Dictionary, or.....?
*looks innocent*



i usually know what they are talking about...and that's bad!
UDWhen you come across an unknown word, do you look it up in Webster -or similar- Dictionary, or.....?
Urban Dictionary Is Dora The Slutty Explorer's Main Dictionary.When you come across an unknown word, do you look it up in Webster -or similar- Dictionary, or.....?
I do indeed look it up in a dictionary, if it seems like slang I will use Urban Dictionary.
First, Dictionary.com, then if it sounds like a "modern" trashy word, I'll check it on Urban.
What's a dictionary ?
i google " %26lt;word%26gt; meaning/ defination " then most of the times i get to urban dictionary.
Online actually.Urban is reserved for the more extreme mumbo jumbo...
Yes, Most often I do, despite my profoundly prodigious vocabulary.

Yesterday I chose to answer a question using the word insipid, then had to check to see if it meant what I thought. It fit perfectly!
Haha that's true, ive found even the most innocent of words have norty meanings sometime on the UD
A what? Hmmm.....never thought of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment