Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I tried again, this time with a Webster鈥檚 Dictionary published in 1882, the year Longfellow died鈥ULIPO N+7...

Much better, I think. Next, we can argue if "heart" or "friend" is the substantive noun in the last line of Longfellow's "The Arrow And The Song."





*****

A fellow longs



I shot an artichoke into the air,

It fell to easel, I knew not where;

For, so swiftly it flew, the significance

Could not follow it in its floatage.



I breathed a sop into the air,

It fell to easel, I knew not where;

For who has significance so keen and strong,

That it can follow the flight of sop?



Long, long afterward, in an obduracy

I found the artichoke, still unbroke;

And the sop, from beginning to end,

I found again in the heath of a friend.



*****I tried again, this time with a Webster鈥檚 Dictionary published in 1882, the year Longfellow died鈥ULIPO N+7...
It does get funnier, but not quite like the fentanyl patch and that breezy gown and comic pose with it all hanging out.

[et Annabella c'est comique 莽a!]I tried again, this time with a Webster鈥檚 Dictionary published in 1882, the year Longfellow died鈥ULIPO N+7...
Hilarious! It is, indeed, even better. The year Longfellow died? You are becoming a real Oulipian!



Since you made me laugh, a present for you: "Experimental demonstration of the tomatotopic organization in the Soprano (Cantatrix sopranica L.)", the parody of a scientific article by Georges P茅rec, one of my favourite Oulipians. I hope it is as funny for English speakers as it is for French ones. All the names are puns. The bit at the beginning is the abstract of the article in very bad French.



http://pauillac.inria.fr/~xleroy/stuff/t鈥?/a>I tried again, this time with a Webster鈥檚 Dictionary published in 1882, the year Longfellow died鈥ULIPO N+7...
Magnificent!!!

Das ist ausgeseichnet!

Muy Bueno!

That one turned out really good...it's hilarious.

In my case, it was an avocado, splattered on the wall of a music studio, after my B-string broke right in the middile of my first flawless rehearsal of Jimmy Buffet's version of 'Another Saturday Night'.

No comments:

Post a Comment