Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What font is the dictionary printed in?

im trying to find out what font the dictionary is printed in so i can finish a graphics project. if different dictionaries are printed in different fonts, i guess ill just go with whatever websters is printed in. so i guess my question should be, what font is webster's dictionary printed in?What font is the dictionary printed in?
I can't be sure, but you can begin by checking serif fonts such as Garamond, Caslon, Baskerville, Bodoni, Goudy, Times, Century, Palatino, Sabon, or Stone Serif.What font is the dictionary printed in?
That last Webster's Dictionary that I looked at in the store used a few different fonts... one for the word to be looked up, a different one for the ways the word can be used (noun, adjective, etc) and sometimes still another for sample sentences or a like word meant to be a bit separate in the write-up.

I think I would turn to Google or Wikipedia to search for a possible answer, but I do think you'll find the book uses more than one font.

No comments:

Post a Comment