Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Poll: How do I put a new word I just made up into the Websters Dictionary?

the word is;



Flondiptic-

I am still working on a meaning but I like the word-Its pronounced Flahn-dip-'tick ..I already have it written into my Dictionary's and I know you are doing the same :-) I just need to know how do I get it into the Websters?



And the stupid Spellchecker wont accept it yet either%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;Poll: How do I put a new word I just made up into the Websters Dictionary?
What's that stupid spell checker like? tut tut lol



I can't give you the email address to the editing lexicographer at Websters, or Oxford for that matter but I can offer a definition.



Flondiptic (flahn-dip-tic)



Adjective



Right or correct; "I am so certain, I am flondiptic about it"



We just need to stop the latest 2009 editions now lol
contact the oxford peepsPoll: How do I put a new word I just made up into the Websters Dictionary?
I haven't got a flampington clue?Poll: How do I put a new word I just made up into the Websters Dictionary?
Write it in yourself!
You have to get people to use it. Words exist because people give them their meaning. Otherwise, they will just be letters. If a reasonable amount of people started using the word flondiptic and gave it a meaning, the Websters Dictionary would have no choice but to include it and accepted as a word, because the people recognize this word while speaking/writing/expressing themselves.
Keep using it, until it 'Catches on'....lol...!!
Ohhh..That could be like a word for a new kind of pancake!!!
pay yahoo for inserting the word in the spellchecker.



Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment