Friday, January 27, 2012

Do I have public permission to quote definitions in a book from Merriam-Webster Dictionary?

I am a self publishing author who is in the process of publishing my work. I am sending it to the printing press tommorow. And as far as copyrighting goes, everything is all sqared away, acept that I used a couple of definitions from the m-w.com (merriam webster dictionary online), and as far as copyright goes, it is not exactly clear the terms and conditions that I may use definitions from it. Do I need to have permission to use serveral definitions?Do I have public permission to quote definitions in a book from Merriam-Webster Dictionary?
Just cite it using MLA documentation. Google MLA and it should bring up everything you need.Do I have public permission to quote definitions in a book from Merriam-Webster Dictionary?
I don't think so. I believe that even the dictionary is copyrighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment